Today, online education is making its strong base in the education sector. We can simply expect that in the future online education will become as important as offline education. The concept of online education and online exams was first introduced in the year 1984 by the University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto was built with the concept to expand the availability of online courses. This course offered by the university of Toronto was the first fully online course offered by any university in the education sector.
Later this university offered its first online course in 1986 for the use of DOS ( Disk Operating System) and commodore 64 computers. Later many universities started working on the online education concept and it became a little bit growth. But due to many other issues such as lack of internet connection and lack of device availability.
At that time only computer devices can support internet connection and online education. So people who can’t afford computers and internet connection don’t get interested in online education. So offline education was more in-demand at that time.
But when the coronavirus affected the entire world and people have to lock their homes or places. Because many peoples were affected by the coronavirus. So national lockdowns were led by many nations to avoid the spread of the coronavirus.
Due to such national lockdowns schools, colleges, offices, shops, etc.. almost everything was closed. So this affected education a lot as schools and colleges were closed education was stopped for almost 6 months. In this pandemic, online education become more popular.
Because in this modern times technology is updated and now smartphones are there which can cover almost basic needs of the computer system. Students can attend online classes from their smartphones. It simply needs an internet connection to attend online classes.
As classes were taken online so exams were also organized online. Online exams and classes became trending in the coronavirus period. Many universities adopted online education for a lifetime because it has a wide future.
Lots of universities started offering online courses (paid and free). Students can complete these online courses from their place just with the help of a smartphone and internet connection. They don’t have to travel miles to attend classes and exams to complete their course.
This helped many students and universities both. But how? Let me tell you.
Due to this online education universities made their courses available all over the world. So they can reach a large number of students. Students from foreign countries can also apply for an online course offered by a university based in India. They can complete their course in their place. They don’t have to travel to India to complete their educational course. Everything became online.
There is much software that provides a lot of online education with security. In this software, companies provide all the features like offering the course, applying for the course, attendance, payment gateway, certifications, etc…everything which a university needs to offer an online course.
But there are many students there who can’t afford online courses or can’t do them for other reasons such as network issues. Many still there are many areas which don’t have internet connections. This issue stops them to attend online classes.
Online exam software is also available which allows universities to take online exams. This software provides many security features to keep exam cheating free. It also provides a remote proctoring feature that keeps watching students who are attending online exams. It marks every suspicious activity done by students during online exams. The grading system is also given in this software which allows universities to grade every student on basis of their performance.
Conduct Exam is also one of them which allows any educational institute to take online exams.
Here are some tips to take online exams.
Choose Your Comfort Zone
- From where you will attend the test?
- Choose the place according to your comfort zone and proper internet connection.
- Keep your place clean so it can help you to concentrate well on exams.
- Choose the place wisely with less distraction
- If you are attending the test from your home then lock yourself in a room where no one can disturb you and you can do well in exams.
- Read exam guidelines carefully before starting online exams.
- Are you available for that specific time of the test? Is test can be attended to anytime?
- How much time is given by test takers to complete a test?
- At which platform test is going to conduct? ( conductExam etc…)
- Study the paper style of the exam. I mean which type of questions do you have to attend?
Refer to Exam Topics
- Before attending the test, refer to the topics which are going to ask in exams.
- Create a graphical structure so you can recall t quickly during exams.
- Take a practice test of yourself according to the exam guidelines and pattern. Follow all the rules and regulations according to the exam.
Internet connection and Device
- Check whether your internet connection is working properly or not at least 24 hours in advance:
- Install the software you need a time of exam and check if it is working properly or not.
- Keep your browser updated. I recommend you to use an updated version of google chrome which is almost approved by every website.
- Always keep a backup plan. Keep a backup internet connection and device from which you can continue your exam if any problem occurs in your system during the exam.
- 30 minutes before start:
- Close all other unwanted tabs. This can reduce the load on your computer and you can attend the exam online with smoothness.
- Keep your mobile phone on DO NOT DISTURB MODE.
Get Your Desk Ready
- Gather Materials that you need during the exam session like a calculator scale, geometry box, etc
- keep a water bottle at your desk to avoid frustration and it makes you feel relaxed.
- 6. Be On Time
- Wear a wristwatch that alerts you about time while exam.
Keep Yourself Protected
Save your answers at the same time so that in case of any emergency you will not lose your answers. Many software provides auto-saving answer options which helps you a lot.
Always be available on webcam if there is proctoring security available. Which can save you from being at any fault.
If any technical error occurs then immediately contact the exam taker and tell them about your problem. So it can save your test and the test taker can give you extra time for the online test.
Check answers properly
Check your answers before submitting them.
1. Check whether you have attended to every question properly or not.
Confirm your submission. Make sure that you have submitted your answers successfully. Do not the close browser of online exam software immediately after the exam, instead wait for some time and close it.
Online exams are now becoming a base of exams. As of now Indian Government also started thinking about online exams. Maybe in the future, all the government exams shall be held online which is also a benefit for students. Its main benefit is that it can prevent cheating in government exams.
Many teachers leak the question papers for some amount of rupees and it affects students strongly. Because it affects directly their rank and it is fact the one who has a question paper before the examination will score high in the exam. So if government exams are also held online then the leakage of question papers will be stopped and some extra security is also provided by online exam software. This can help in many ways such as students can not make any fake id to pass the examinations.
Source: Indian Express
In the above article, we have discussed some tips for online exams. Many universities adopted online education for a lifetime because it has a wide future. ConductExam is online exam software that provides many features such as proctoring, Random tests, study material and videos, support audio/video questions, live chat, export data, allot bonus marks, user-friendly and easy-to-use platform, automatic result and certificate generation, payment gateway and more…
Students can attend online classes from their smartphones. It simply needs an internet connection to attend online classes. As classes were taken online so exams were also organized online. Online exams and classes became trending in the coronavirus period. Many universities adopted online education for a lifetime because it has a wide future. Lots of universities started offering online courses.